posted by heartfelt on Sep 24
As the year 2009 comes to a close and we are about to start 2010, what is your New Year’s resolution? Is it to stop drinking, smoking, lose weight, be a better parent, grand-parent, spend time with your children? The list goes on and on. These are all great resolutions to follow for the New Near. But have you missed the most important of them all? The greatest thing you can possibly do is have a one on one relationship with your Heavenly Father and spend time getting to know Jesus. He is God’s one and only son who came to earth to die for your sins and give you eternal life. God wants to get to know you and spend some time with you. He loves you. Are you tired and weary? He is your rest. Matthew 11:28-30 says, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” God can help you do everything else, without him, you can do absolutely nothing. You just keep hitting your head against a wall. Will you let Jesus help you? He wants to. God’s yoke is easy and his burden is light. He can carry your heavy load. Try him, you will not be disappointed! Start this New Year right and walk in all of God’s ways. He loves you very much and wants to help you if you will only let him. Say good-bye to the old and bring in the new. Give your heart to Jesus and make him your Lord and King. If you want that, say, “Dear Jesus, I receive you. I am sorry for all my sins and trying to do things my way. Lord, I need your help. Will you help me? I am so tired and worn out. I need you to make my life brand new in you. Come into my heart, save me, wash me and cleanse me with your blood. Thank you for dying for me on the cross to give me eternal life. Thank you for a brand New Year this will be in you, in Jesus name, amen.” This is the greatest year of all! I am so happy for you. The angels in heaven are rejoicing with you. When one sinner comes to Jesus the angels rejoice. 1Corinthians 15:55-57, “Where O’death is your victory? Where O’death is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ! Halleluiah! You are a brand new creation made in the likeness of God. Go share the good news with a family member or friend. Let them know what a great year this will be! You now, know Jesus. No matter what comes your way in life, you can count on Jesus to be right beside you! He is right there, every step of the way. I pray that God will make you steadfast, enduring and able to handle whatever comes your way in this New Year because Jesus is on your side! God bless you. Jesus loves you and so does your spiritual family. Make this a New Year in him!
I am your next chance at the art of living. I am your opportunity to practice what you have learned about life during the last twelve months.
All that you sought and didn’t find is hidden in me, waiting for you to search it but with more determination.
All the good that you tried for and didn’t achieve is mine to grant when you have fewer conflicting desires.
All that you dreamed but didn’t dare to do, all that you hoped but did not will, all the faith that you claimed but did not have—these slumber lightly, waiting to be awakened by the touch of a strong purpose.
I am your opportunity to renew your allegiance to Him who said, “Behold, I make all things new.”
“Who Am I in Christ“
Begin Speaking these scriptures to memorize and meditate on as you begin your journey to freedom in your walk with the Lord to know who you are in the name of Jesus. There is freedom in Christ’s name. Saint, you have the victory in Jesus! Set your mind and keep it set.
· I am born again…through the living and enduring word of God. (1 Peter 1:23)
· I am a child of God. (John 1:12)
· I am saved by grace through faith. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
· I am loved by God and He gave his one and only Son for me. (John 3:16)
· I am a new creation in Christ; the old has gone and the new has come! (2 Corinthians 5:17)
· I have peace with God. (Romans 5:1)
· The Holy Spirit lives in me. (1 Corinthians 3:16)
· I have access to God’s wisdom. (James 1:5)
· I am helped by God. (Hebrews 4:16)
· I am reconciled to God. (Romans 5:11)
· I am not condemned by God. (Romans 8:1)
· I am justified. (Romans 5:1)
· I have Christ’s righteousness. (Romans 5:19; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
· I am Christ’s ambassador. (2 Corinthians 5:20)
· I am completely forgiven. (Colossians 1:14)
· I am tenderly loved by God. (Jeremiah 31:3)
· I am the sweet fragrance of Christ to God. (2 Corinthians 2:15)
· I am a temple in which God dwells. (1 Corinthians 3:16)
· I am blameless and beyond reproach. (Colossians 1:22)
· I am the salt of the earth. (Matthew 5:13)
· I am the light of the world. (Matthew 5:14)
· I am a branch on Christ’s vine. (John 15:1,5)
· I am Christ’s friend. (John 15:5)
· I am chosen by Christ to bear fruit. (John 15:16)
· I am a joint heir with Christ, sharing His inheritance with Him. (Romans 8:17)
· I am united to the Lord, one spirit with Him. (1 Corinthians 6:17)
· I am a member of Christ’s body. (1 Corinthians 12:27)
· I am a saint. (Ephesians 1:1)
· I am hidden with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:3)
· I am chosen by God, holy and dearly loved. (Colossians 3:12)
· I am a child of the light. (1 Thessalonians 5:5)
· I am holy, and I share in God’s heavenly calling. (Hebrews 3:1)
· I am sanctified. (Hebrews 2:11)
· I am one of God’s living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house. (1 Peter 2:5)
· I am a member of a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession and created to sing His praises. (1 Peter 2:9-10)
· I am firmly rooted and built up in Christ. (Colossians 2:7)
· I am born of God, and the evil one cannot touch me. (1 John 5:18)
· I have the mind of Christ. (1 Corinthians 2:16)
· I may approach God with boldness, freedom, and confidence. (Ephesians 3:12)
· I have been rescued from Satan’s domain and transferred into the kingdom of Christ. (Colossians 1:13)
· I have been made complete in Christ. (Colossians 2:10)
· I have been given a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)
· I have been given great and precious promises by God. (2 Peter 1:4)
· My needs are met by God. (Philippians 4:19)
· I am a prince (princess) in God’s kingdom. (John 1:12; 1 Timothy 6:15)
· I have been bought with a price, and I belong to God. (1 Corinthians 6:19,20)
· I have been adopted as God’s child. (Ephesians 1:5)
· I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 2:18)
· I am assured that all things are working together for good. (Romans 8:28)
· I am free from any condemning charges against me. (Romans 8:31f)
· I cannot be separated from the love of God. (Romans 8:35f)
· I have been established, anointed, and sealed by God. (2 Corinthians 1:21,22)
· I am confident that the good work that God has begun in me will be perfected. (Philippians 1:6)
· I am a citizen of heaven. (Philippians 3:20)
· I am a personal witness of Christ’s. (Acts 1:8)
· I am God’s coworker. (2 Corinthians 6:1, 1 Corinthians 3:9)
· I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm. (Ephesians 2:6)
· I am God’s workmanship. (Ephesians 2:10)
· I can do all things through Christ, who gives me the strength I need. (Philippians 4:13
- Begin the New Year meditating on these encouraging Bible verses
chosen to inspire a fresh new walk with God and a deeper commitment to living the Christian faith.
1 Peter 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. (NIV)
“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (NLT)
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. (NKJV)
“Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. Your filth will be washed away, and you will no longer worship idols. And I will give you a new heart with new and right desires, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony heart of sin and give you a new, obedient heart. And I will put my Spirit in you so you will obey my laws and do whatever I command. (NLT)
No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven. (NLT)
Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. (NIV)
Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. (NLT)
Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary. (NASB)
God’s Timing is Perfect
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. (NIV)
Each New Day is Special
The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, “The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” (NASB
A Prayer for the New Year
Come, Holy Spirit,
Spirit of the Risen Christ, be with us today and always.
Be our Light, our Guide, and our Comforter.
Be our Strength, our Courage, and our Sanctifier.
May this new year be a time of deep spiritual growth for us,
A time of welcoming your graces and gifts,
A time for forgiving freely and unconditionally,
A time for growing in virtue and goodness.
Come, Holy Spirit,
Be with us today and always. Amen.
Re-Cap for the months December/January 2010
Greetings brother’s and sister’s in Christ,
This year is coming to a close and we are grateful for all that God has brought us through this past year. Let’s pause and give God thanks for His great gift of love and mercy. This year has been pretty tough with the economy and the changes that have taken place in our nation but we know who holds the future. If Jesus is the center of your life then there is nothing in the future that will shake you because your foundation is built on the rock Christ Jesus. In the book of Matthew, Jesus talks about the wise and foolish builders. Matthew 7:24-27 says, “Therefore everyone who hears these words and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Verse 26, but everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” God will take care of you and me. When Jesus controls your life there is nothing to worry about. No storm in life will move you because God is your anchor and strong tower! In your spare time read Matthew 6:25-34. I love this because Jesus gives you great comfort and peace not to worry. There will be wars and rumors of wars, famines, earthquakes and nation will rise against nation. These are all signs of the end of the age, Matthew chapter 24. But you and I do not need to fear because God said that this would happen but He promised to protect us and keep us safe. This New Year of 2010 let’s make Jesus our #1 focus. Go to Him in prayer asking for His wisdom and direction you need making important decisions in your life. We are in a time period we need God’s direction when to move and when to stay. It is important for our protection and safety to stay in God’s perfect will. I promise you He will bless you and watch over you in everything you do. Numbers 6:24-25, “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.” Our prayer is that everyone has a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year with family, friends that are dear to you. God bless you.
A New Year Brings A New Beginning
By: Helen Steiner Rice
As the New Year starts and the old year ends
There’s no better time to make amends
For all the things we sincerely regret
And wish in our hearts we could somehow forget-
We all make mistakes, for it is human err,
But no one need ever give up in despair,
For God gives us all a brand-new beginning,
A chance to start over and repent of our sinning-
And when God forgives us we, too, must forgive
And resolve to do better each day that we live
By constantly trying to be like Him more nearly
And to trust His wisdom and love Him more dearly-
Assured that we’re never out of His care
And we’re always welcome to seek Him in prayer.
New Year’s Resolutions
This New Year
What Is Your Resolution?
Lose Weight & Be Debt Free?
Jesus Christ Is Your Solution,
Depression Takes A Toll On You.
You Are Tired Of Figuring Out
What To Do,
Every Year Is The Same
You Need Some Stability
Just Getting Older
And Gray Hair To Tame.
Why Not Try Something New?
Give Your Heart To Jesus
And See What He Will Do.
No One Will Love You
Like Him, Too.
You Can Count On Him
To Always Be There
And Never Forsake You!
Written By: Dawn O’brien
And Inspired By The Holy Spirit
Copyright © 2005
Love in Jesus,
Daniel & Dawn O’brien and the ministry team of “Dawn’s Heartfelt Corner”
Dawn’s Heartfelt Corner
380 S State Road 434, Ste. 1004, #247
Altamonte Springs, Fl 32714
Dawn’s Heartfelt Corner